Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kicking & Screaming

Today has been a very crazy day. First off, my peanut Sarah has decided to wake up at the ungodly hour of 2am. This would not have been so bad if she hadn't woke up the previous night at 4am & the night before that at 3:30 am. I have no idea what has gotten into her. I turn Blue on for her & attempt to sleep on the couch - but she doesn't take that too well. Soon enough she is whimpering for me. Thank goodness she is so cute.

Then Emily comes home from gymnastics this afternoon preparing to go out to enjoy a beautiful day. She forgets that she was "grounded" for an hour for her sassy mouth last night. To add to that I find that she & her buddies gave the basement a "post-war" makeover. (this after swearing everything was nice & clean...."pinky-promise") So for the next 2 hours the drama unfolded within our house. Needless to say for all the tears that she shed I think she only cleaned 1/8 of the area. I was not going to break today. I did give her a break to calm down - in which she went straight to her sister's room & promptly fell asleep on the bed. This bites!!

On a more positive note. We finally got our tomato plants today. We decided to order our plants from Burpee this year. Eric is pretty excited to get them in the ground. He has this silent competition with our next door neighbors for the most productive garden. They kicked our a$* last year!! Huge zucchini's - amazing. So this year he started early prepping the gardens (we have 2). Today I got some manure & peat moss for him to get planting when he gets home. I'll some before & after shots & post them.

The lower garden is strictly tomatoes this year. We will have about 7 plants in there & a few patio plants also. The upper garden will be for cucumbers, zucchini, eggplant & peppers. I decided to plant pole beans around our deck in the hopes that they will grow up onto the deck. We'll see. Well off to get the little one up!!

No comments: