Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Ode to a slow metabolism

I really dislike exercising. Really I do. Which may owe to the fact that hips, butt and thighs are yea wide. I love to plan for it and I'm really great at it. I enter the days in my Outlook calendar which syncs to my Google calendar which can text me reminders & emails. The Google then syncs to my iphone which I have push notifications that are 2 & 1 hour prior to event reminders. I'm awesome at planning for exercise. But executing the plan never goes off too smoothly. I see the reminders & close them. Finding another lame excuse not to do it. For instance, a few weeks back I bought the Chalean Extreme DVDs. Made it through the 1st week & loved it. But stopped. Why? Who knows? I mean - it is 35 freaking minutes!! I can do this!! Self sabotage it is.  So - I started back up again this week & vow to make it through the 90 days. Once again - it is 35 minutes or so for each session unlike the hour + of P90x. I have Day 1 completed and will begin to plan for the rest of the week.


I'm also working on my eating habits. Like my exercising - I PLAN to eat well. Then i see the "Light" ice cream. Yes it is only 140 cal per serving - that I agree with. but when you sit & eat 1/2 the container watching "Leverage" with all kinds of caramel topping all over - it no longer becomes "Light" it becomes a meal. So I told my husband we can no longer have ice cream in the house. I am weak and if he loves me he will deal with it.
With the summer garden it has been pretty eating to incorporate more veggies. We have tomatoes, green beans, tomatoes, eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini and did I mention tomatoes?? So I bought a bag of salad and a few mushrooms and wha-la! Dinner!! I'm going to go crazy tonight and add some shrimp to the mix. I know... I'm wild.

No comments: