One of my goals this year was a reading goal. I've been spending too much time on the laptop or watching tv & not reading. I used to be a voracious reader but like a lot of things in the past few months, it's on the back burner. So today I came up with a tentative list of books I want to read this year & hooked up with my Goodreads app to join the challenge. My goal is 12 which is easily do-able. Unfortunately - I need to complete the list. But I am off to a healthy start.
My list is as below but I will not be reading them in this order necessarily.
- The Gift - J. Patterson
- The Alchemist - P. Coelho
- A Good Man is Hard to Find - F. O'Connor
- The Violent Bear it Away - F. O'Connor
- Pillars of the Earth - K. Follett
- The Happiness Project - G. Rubin
- Decision Points - G. Bush
- Last Lecture - R. Pausch
- Mansfield Park - J. Austen
- Pride & Prejudice & Zombies - J. Austen & S. Smith
I need to fill the rest of the list in due time. I bought a bunch of books from our local Books 4 Less - more Patterson & such, but I am looking for variety. More than that, I am looking to expand myself. I read the same thing, same style over & over. Let's see how this goes.