Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Foodie PenPal Reveal Day!!

The Lean Green Bean


I absolutely look forward to this every month since I started. Not only do I get to meet new people from around the country - I get snacks in the mail!! This month was another great month... as usual!!

My Foodie PenPal was Dominique from Ohio. This was her first Foodie Penpal and let me say that she sent me a total awesome package that was pretty much gone in a few days. lol!! NO LIE half of her package was used for dinner that very night - which was quite handy since I have been slacking in my meal planning. 
 So many goodies - not sure where to start!!

 The Bella bar that she sent over was gone before my daughter even had a chance to try it. Talk about handy - since the package came post workout and I was STARVING!! I have not seen these in our local stores so it was new for me. Oh my goodness - it was so good!! It is like a Lara bar but totally vegan and is raw. (Though not sure if Lara bars are considered that too.) It was very chocolately and chewy which is what I needed at the moment. My daughter has braces now so I don't feel too guilty about noshing on it all by my lonesome - chewy goodies are off her list for a few years! Yes - it is like a hardcore detox for her. :(


 These goodies was completely new to me also. If you every see these little babies in the store - snag'em! Especially if you love peanut butter. These morsels were chock full of PB goodness. I was really surprised at how good they were since I am not too big on peanut buttery stuff. And only 100 calories!!! More importantly no preservatives!!


I have had these in many of the packages sent to me and I love getting them every time. They are a great quick snack for when I need something sweet. I usually toss them in my purse so I have some "emergency" sweets. The green apple was new to me and I loved it!!(Oops - sorry about the photo)

 This was our dinner that evening. I have never had quinoa noodles before so it was a great way to try them. I really liked them but hubby was a waffling on a decision which means he doesn't like them. He's not one for big change but he will get used to it. lol I liked the taste myself and my daughter did as well - and that means alot right there. The sauce was amazing!! I went in search of it the next day and was pleased to find that our local grocery store carries this brand in the organic section. Like I said before - this saved my day!!


The last item I received was a Kind bar which I still have yet to eat. But I have had them in the past so I know it will be yummy. And really - you can't go wrong when chocolate is an ingredient!! lol

Thank you so much Dominique!! You sent a really wonderful goodie box!!! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now it's time for some details about Foodie Penpals.  In case you’re a new reader, here’s a reminder of what the program is all about:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 
-Foodie Penplas is open to US, Canadian & European residents.  Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. Same with Europeans. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. 
If you’re from the US or Canada and are in participating for November, please CLICK HERE (www.theleangreenbean.com/foodie-penpals/) to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. 
You must submit your information by February 4th as pairings will be emailed on February 5th!

*If you're from Europe, please CLICK HERE (www.thisisrocksalt.com/foodie-penpals/) to signup. 



No comments: