Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

1st 5K of the season

Ok - Sunday I had my 1st 5k of the season for me. I didn't do as well as I would have like though. I started out rough. I was good this time I even actually ran around a bit to warm up. And I stretched really well. (BTW - anyone with tips of "how" you should warm up prior to running would be greatly appreciate. Sounds lame but it's NTK info for me). 

Well within the 1st 5 minutes or so, you would've thought I was breathing in liquid nitrogen. It was so hard to breathe, my heart was pounding like I couldn't catch me breath. Weird considering it was a flat course in the beginning. Nothing exciting. It cleared up after awhile but it was annoying. I am wondering if I ran at too fast a pace out of the gate. Though I finished 75 out 79. I wasn't last & I wasn't next to last like I usually am. Though the 70 yr. old woman who came in a minute or 2 after me cheated. I know I shouldn't care - but come on guys! It's a 3.1 mile race - don't cut across the course & act like you are sooo surprised when they congrats you on a good time. Grrrrr. There are some things in life I am very black & white with. 

I wasn't able to run yesterday. My oldest daughter decided she wanted to start running again - damn her so selfish! ha! I could go to the gym, but with my peanut Sarah, putting her in the child care is getting more difficult. I think I am actually going to have to get up early & run while my husband is getting ready for work. God the idea of that really, really sucks! 

Well all the twittering & blogging by Nik & Dan have inspired me to repaint my family room & start my dining room. Right now my family room is yellow. But I think I want to go with a nice blue with a chair rail. And my dining room will be like my living room I just did - a gark olive green on bottom with a lighter green on top. This room was my test room for chair rail. It came out so nice!!

So I figure that my husband is going out of town tomorrow & won't b back till Turs. night. I think I can get the family room done & top half of the dining room. We'll see. Just gotta get the masking mojo going here!! Wish me luck!!


Any thoughts - greatly appreciated!

No comments: