Pages

Monday, November 5, 2012

Menu Plan Monday - More Gluten Free (hopefully)



This week "we" (family is brought in unknowingly on this) will be trying to eat more gluten free. So I have been scouring the web for yummy ideas. Links attached when available. :)

Monday: Stuffed Cabbage

Tuesday: Shepherds Pie with Spaghetti squash casserole

Wednesday: Tacos

Thursday : Country Spare ribs with sweet potato fries

Friday: Stuffed shells with meat sauce

Saturday: Leftovers aka On-Your -Own

Sunday: Beer Butt Chicken with sweet potato fries

My daughter has been beggin' to make the beer butt chicken - she loves it. Plus I think she loves just saying beer butt!! 

Going to try to make breakfast for the girls this week since I have been lacking in this department. Emily has not done a great job finding things on her own to eat for breakfast and has often gone to school without eating hardly anything. Not too cool on mom's part. SO I need to crank this priority up a notch. I am hoping she will like this recipe Apple Pie Porridge. I am hoping by telling her there is sugar in it she will gobble it right up. Plus I will be using some of the 2 tons of honeycrisp apples I bought prior to Hurricane Sandy to use. 

For lunches - mainly mine since I am not too sure the girls or hubby will eat it, I will be trying out Dairy-free, egg-free, soy-free - Chicken Salad. I love me a good chicken salad but it is hard to find. Either too much mayo or not enough. Though my recipe will be using regular ole Hellman's, I thought I'd list the original recipe for those interested. I still have a load of Rudi's GF bread in the freezer so no attempts to make GF bread as of yet. I have ordered my flours from Amazon and just need to grab 1 more item for it and then I am good to go!! :) 

Snack I plan to make is Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins. This recipe looks so good!! And it gives me a chance to use the GF flour mix recipe

Have a delicious week!!

No comments: